Friday, August 24, 2012

Gluten Free and Grateful

Every month or so, some friends and I gather for pizza and a movie (thank goodness for Domino's Gluten Free crust, even if a small is $13!)

We share hosting duty and typically whomever is hosting provides snacks, desserts, drinks, etc.  Tonight was our second round since my Gluten Intolerance diagnosis and I wasn't expecting the hostess to provide 'safe' snacks just for me.

I know it has been hard for family, friends and co-workers to understand what it means to be Gluten Free (especially the concept of it not being a "fad diet" to lose weight).. so I was awed tonight when not only had my friend bought crackers which were Gluten Free, but also had gone to a local cupcakery and made sure to get GF cupcake for me (one of each of the two flavors available) along with the normal cupcakes for everyone else.

Things like this, make this change so much easier.  Hopefully, your friends and loved ones are making an effort to accommodate and learn about Celiac Disease and/or Gluten Intolerance to better understand what it truly means to live "Gluten Free".

To learn more about Gluten Free Living:

No comments:

Post a Comment